21 August, 2010

California dreamin' in sleepy Santa Bee....

.
Spectacularly bright yet breezy and cool coastlines...




and even brighter, much hotter valleys...



add up to a hankering for the lightest, coolest fabric ever:  hankie linen!



I found this 3.5 oz gem at Your Remnant fabric store: mostly (aka a very large selection of) upholstery and drapery stuff, but also a nice little selection of apparel weight linens, hemp-linens, and linen-rayons in various weights and colours, not to mention some cottons & blends.  Except for the little gem above, I resisted, though 'twas mighty hard.

I then moseyed on to Fine Fabrics - owned by Susanne of Ms. Fine Fabrics for Fashion and Fun! blog,  known to many of you. Like many of us, Susanne has been offline a bit lately, but hinted she's aiming to return to the internet fold very soon.  She and her delightful niece were in the throes of setting up for another Solstiss lace show, some of which you see behind her.



They were also divesting themselves of several basketfuls, helpfully sorted by size, of out of print patterns, for the price of a California smile.  True to my blog moniker (xxxxxxxx-jacket-xxxx), I grabbed six of them. One can never have too many cool jackets! Along with said cool jackets, which come with tons of seaming for fitting perfection, I scored wardrobe "accessories" such as skinny Montana pants, tulip skirts, gored skirts, generic skirts and trousers, etc, etc. 





Hmmmm, I thought to myself.... if only there was a wedding in my immediate future.... I could easily tempt myself to make a charming jacket out of one of these (verrrry pricey!) Solstiss lace numbers.... but - thankfully - for the moment - there is NOT...





... saved by realism: whew!!!  Perhaps when I'm again in Santa Barbara....






Aren't these fantastic trees something?  Textural heaven!


 I shall be home in a very few days, back to my own cool green garden and sunny sewing table.  Till then, sweet dreams from Santa Bee!

No comments:

Post a Comment