16 November, 2011

Civilization HO!

I'm  baaaack!  Here are some last-minute parting shots of my wild-wild-east, Central-Asian, rocket-attack-ducking adventure: 
Civvies wear cadpat too!!! (but no guns....)
...at (rocket-attack-siren) times, with helmets!!!
A very fond goodbye to my dear friends (with guns)...
...each week's growing crowds of running mates...
...and sleep-deprived coffee buddies (nb, made-by-me running top)!
...and Hello, sewing machine!

Well.  That was then... and this is - three months later - now. My sewing machine's on the table, with the chosen fabric - a gorgeous navy wool-silk blend - and the pattern, a classic shirt dress - nearby, all awaiting my attention.  But - ever since I got back, family life's been interfering with my selfish sewing plans.  I've been focusing on, ahem, intellectual matters - meh! big time unproductive!  So, this week, let's see if I can get my scissors & needle in gear!

8 comments:

  1. Glad you are home safe and sound and I'm sure the sewing is going to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to see that you are safe and back home. That machine will be humming soon, I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back home safe. I look forward to reading about your sewing when you've had a chance to settle in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you're back safe. There's no place like home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to know that you're back safe and sound. Hope that you do get in some sewing time now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just thinking of you and realizing you have not been around on the sewing boards lately. Now I see why! What a fascinating year you've had. I hope you can start sewing/blogging again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back belatedly. Loved all your outfits - I have that McCalls shirt pattern - you've inspired me to pull it out...

    ReplyDelete